Services to Residents
Almshouse residents can choose to benefit from a range of services and facilities, including:
- a free emergency call alarm system monitored by Derby Care Link
- regular visits to individual homes from the Resident Support Officer. Each resident can choose how often they want to be visited, ranging from none to twice weekly
- regular telephone contact on request
- subsidised trips and activities to enjoy throughout the year
- repairs carried out by a dedicated in-house maintenance team
- on-site community centre run by local residents' committee
- a full-time gardener tending the vibrant communal grounds
- periodic Newsletters to keep residents informed of what's happening. The latest newsletter is available to download below
- an external key safe for use in emergencies.
We hope that residents will choose to benefit from some of the services on offer, but respect their preferences if they decide otherwise. And our staff are on hand to help with any problems and advocate with other organisations on their behalf.
The Trust also try to help ease the financial burden on its residents by not only keeping rents low, but also by making a charitable contribution each year to help towards the cost of almshouse residents' winter fuel bills.